Emotional Inauguration

I have just returned from the 2009 Presidential Inauguration and I am on such an emotional high that, at this particular moment in time, words cannot express what a momentous occasion this was for me.

The adventure of these past days is more real than any reality show could ever capture.
Actually, although others have said this but, Surreal to the utmost.

I was just in the midst of the ultimate in diversity. I met people from Germany, Uganda, Boston, Seattle, Sacramento, Arizona, Colorado, San Francisco, Vermont, Indonesia, Maryland, etc.

All ages from infants in baby carriers strapped on the front of parents to elders being pushed in wheelchairs.

The variety of races and religions present; went off the charts.

Hundreds of thousands...what, estimated 1.4 million people?!!

But we were all there in agreement, connected, and polite to each other.

What a wonderful world we live in!

I love the United States of America!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Inner-Side-Out