Post Inauguration Day

Inauguration 2009 National Prayer Service

As I prepare to travel from D.C., I am watching the National Prayer Service on television.

Watching this Service is emotional on a number of different levels.

The Service was inclusive of many different faiths but yet the spiritual leader participated in a Service that was unified and connected. We are all connected. I keep repeating that because it is such a real dominant feeling for me these days.

Every event that I have attended during this Inauguration, I have a keen sense of the connectedness that goes beyond race, gender, religion, etc.

President Obama attends this National Prayer Service; he has ushered in and compelled people to commit to the higher good of service to human kind. This is actually a reminder because many before President Obama have talked about service. This time we collectively see the demonstration, we see the example in real time of how service can have a global change.

We Are One! Indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Inner-Side-Out