Revelation of Good

My Aunt shares with me self-help books, motivational books, and/or inspirational books. At the time she sends me a book, I may not know why, nor will she. But why she sends me the book or when she sends me the book, in the whole scheme of things, is really irrelevant. If the book resonates with me, then I will be guided to read it at my appointed time or rather in divine order/divine timing.

My Aunt has recently sent me a “A Complaint Free World”, authored by Will Bowen. I was introduced to this philosophy by way of The Opray Winfrey Show. Will Bowen who is a minister at the Christ Church Unity of Kansas City, Missouri appeared on the Opray Show to talk about the purple compliant plastic complaint bracelet and switching the bracelet from wrist to wrist every time you complain, criticize, or gossip. The crux of the exercise is for 21-consective days keep the purple bracelet on one wrist which is to give you a sense of accomplishment for not complaining, criticizing, nor gossiping for 21 days which leads one to a happier life; basically. This idea was really popular approximately a couple of years ago.

This book was mailed to me by my Aunt along with other items in one of those rectangular garment gift boxes. I have been in receipt of this box for a few weeks now but since wifi connection is not allowing access to the internet, I have journaled, meditated and was guided to pull this book out of the box for a read.

My initial thought was why would my Aunt send me this book on complaining?” I am not a person whom complains on a regular basis and I happen to think I am a person who possesses a positive disposition. To the extent that I have been criticized from others for being in denial because I choose to not complain and look for the positive in a situation. Because I have been taught that what I focus on expands and if I focus on the negative, I will get more of that.

Well, back to the question, why did my Aunt send me this book? I have just commenced with reading this book and it is a good pleasant read. But I have come to a revelation early in this book, the light bulb went on, ah-ah moment, etc. I am feeling the shift on a cellular level. Interestingly enough, this initial revelation does not relate to complaining.

The author is telling the story of when his dog was a victim of a hit and run. Will Bowen and is family are emotionally wrought with pain and grief stricken from this event. He comes to the conclusion that the only way a person could do something this horrific with a cavalier attitude was one was hurting within themselves. “Those who hurt are hurting”, he writes. The author is telling this story because he is explaining why complaining as a result of this event was justified. He felt grief, pain, and discontent which is the definition of complain.

Although I was reading this section of the book, my epiphany had nothing to do with this story either. Or did it?

I had entered into an agreement out of a lack consciousness. I had a desperate desire for a feeling of security, freedom and independence but my underlying vibration was that of lack. So in all actuality, my deep desire for security, freedom and independence, was accurate, but the action I took by entering into this agreement was contrary to what I really wanted.

This is why we should wait for inspired action. Get in alignment first then take inspired action/guidance, if not it will be fruitless.

So what, I have not verbally expressed my grief, pain, or discontent which is the definition of complain, but I have felt the grief, pain, and discontent.

It’s all good anyway because out of the grief/pain/discontent, more desires have developed. Here I am loving, appreciating, and forgiving myself. I am expanding. If nothing else, this part of the book helped to bring me to this point.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Inner-Side-Out